HDC Planning Request 19/01645/FUL
Land At Queen Street Market Harborough Leicestershire
Proposal Change of use from agricultural grazing land to dog walking field,
with associated hardstanding and erection of timber and mesh perimeter
The Society has considerable concerns about this planning
application and has written to the HDC raising the following points.
1. The land covered by HOC Local Plan Policy G12 -
protected open space, sports and recreation.
2. Flooding on Braybooke Road and Scotland Road near where the entrance will
3. The ecology of the field would be ruined affecting various bird life,
4. There are Tree Protection Orders in place on some of the trees within the
land and the Forestry and Arboriculture Officer Report states that some tree
root damage may occur as a result of erecting posts on the site.
5. Increased traffic in the already congested area of Braybrooke Road and
Scotland Road, especially during construction period should the application
be upheld, with heavy lorries, traffic lights etc.
6. They feel there is sufficient dog walking area nearby at the Little
Bowden Recreation Ground, The Green, Little Bowden, Welland Park dedicated
dog walking area and the Brampton Valley Way leading from the Little Bowden
7. Noise and disturbance if land is opened to the public.
8. Some of our members feel that if permission approved this could lead to
any future applications for housing development.